Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's Take a DIP!

The water in the lakes is still really chilly in Mid-June, yet that didn't stop Charlotte from trying to jump on it! These photos were from last year, on this same date, and the water is MUCH colder this year still!

I used the "Atlantic" collection from Studio Calico for this page.  You should really check it out in the My Scraps & More store!  It is a really great summer/nautical line!  I based this page off of today's sketch at the My Scraps & More sketch blog.



On my background, I wanted a bit more color, so I painted a large yellow circle with some watered down mist.  Then I splattered some Navy and aqua mists.


I had a third photo that just wasn't working in the design of the page (I always have a hard time mixing up portrait and landscape photos on a layout!), so I decided just to tuck it behind the larger photo with a little tab and clothespin to pull out!




I fussy cut out the anchor from patterned paper and added some flair.  I also used a vellum garland from my stash (Crate Paper) and cut apart the stitched circles and glued them around the page here and there.


As you know, I am trying to use up bits of my stash, and the journaling card, flair, and garland all came from my piles!  Last week, I spent a few hours purging and reorganizing my stash so that the things I want to use are close and I can just flip through the bins to see what I want to use. LOVE that I am making myself do this!


Stay Scrappy My Friends!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Great page Audrey! I really love the idea of the watered down circle!

Diana Waite said...

this page is just aWESOME!!

Denise said...

Fantastic page Audrey.
really love this.