Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bubble Boy

He tries.  But he just can't blow a bubble. More bubble solution is spilled and swallowed than is made into bubbles.  But ya know what?  He has a blast!  :)

Bubbles, to me, means the start of warmer weather.  It's the first thing the kids want to do when they start going outside.  And it a past-time that lasts all summer long!  I used some Lily Bee papers and stickers and such to go along with their "summertime" challenge.



I was scrapping on the go when I did this page, so I didn't have access to all my usual tools.  I wanted to do circles, though, to go with the bubble theme, so I used my trusty template and cut them all out by hand.  I placed them on the other patterned papers and decided I wanted them to pop more, so I cut out a slightly larger circle from the lower paper to give a white border to the circles.  Then I distressed the edges of the circles and popped a few off the page.



I love the way the arrows in the circles go in all different directions, just like bubble!  I bit of splattered and a few buttons and stickers, and then a bit of faux stitching cause I didn't have my sewing machine.  Voila, it's done!



Hope you are enjoying all your summer past-times!  Stay scrappy my friends!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

He is a sweetie! Love your title---a much nicer bubble boy than the one on Seinfeld!

Diana Waite said...

that is just SO sweet--LOVE that he tries! SUPER cute layout!!